The latest industry news, provided by Poultry World can be found here.
- Poultry World Antibiotic Reduction webinar now on-demandon December 3, 2021 at 8:00 am
The Poultry World webinar on Antibiotic Reduction is now available on-demand. Together with 3 experts who give practical insight into current trends and share their antibiotic-free experiences, this webinar focuses on antibiotic reduction from a veterinary and a nutritional standpoint and highlights gut health and antibiotic alternatives.
- Cultivated meat is transforming food productionon December 2, 2021 at 8:00 am
Expanding the cell lines for the growing cultivated meat market is continuing to receive financial support with an additional £1 million granted to Roslin Technologies from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
- New Zealand’s first certified carbon-zero free-range chickenon December 2, 2021 at 8:00 am
Waitoa Free-Range Chicken is the first carbon-zero free-range chicken, as backed by Toitu’s independent certification.
- Antibiotic use in UK poultry continues to fallon December 1, 2021 at 7:00 am
Figures released by the UK government’s Veterinary Medicines Directorate show antibiotics used in chickens fell from 17.5mg/PCU in 2019 to 16.3mg/PCU last year, although this is higher than the record minimum of 9.9mg/PCU set in 2017. The industry target is 25mg/PCU.
- Companies continuing to meet cage-free commitmentson November 30, 2021 at 8:00 am
Progress against cage-free commitments is being reported from 7 out of 10 companies, according to results from the latest Compassion in World Farming EggTrack report.
- Cage-free US egg industry: sooner rather than lateron November 29, 2021 at 8:00 am
The implementation of new animal welfare laws for laying hens in the US state of California will affect the entire country’s egg production. Here are the details of the regulations, implementation timeline – and lawsuits.
- UK poultry housing order comes into forceon November 29, 2021 at 7:00 am
Chief veterinary officers across the UK have agreed to bring in new housing measures to protect poultry and captive birds from bird flu following a number of confirmed cases across Great Britain in recent weeks.
- November Business Update: What’s new in the world of poultry?on November 26, 2021 at 9:00 am
We’re keeping our finger on the pulse and bring you a comprehensive summary of the latest business updates from the global poultry industry this November.
- Study reveals risk factors for Newcastle Disease in Brazilon November 26, 2021 at 8:00 am
A study conducted by the Brazilian Animal Health Defence Group (GDSA) has revealed several risk factors for the spread of Newcastle Disease from backyard farms to commercial producers in São Paulo State, Brazil.
- New bird flu outbreaks hit Polandon November 26, 2021 at 7:00 am
Poland has reported several new outbreaks of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza on multiple poultry farms, the country’s veterinary inspectors confirmed to Poultry World.