The latest industry news, provided by Poultry World can be found here.
- Brazilian livestock sector dreads shortage of grainson June 11, 2021 at 7:05 am
The Brazilian government attempts to calm down the sector, which has been asking for tax cuts on grain imports.
- Russian egg industry in a state of crisison June 10, 2021 at 7:10 am
A sharp drop in wholesale prices on the Russian egg market has driven most companies below the profitability edge, Rosptitsesoyuz said in a statement.
- Trinidad and Tobago concerned over poultry importson June 9, 2021 at 7:15 am
An emphasis was placed on the importance of the poultry sector in meeting local demand in Trinidad and Tobago at a recent meeting.
- Farm antibiotics use and new trade dealson June 9, 2021 at 7:10 am
Australian medical, environmental, and animal welfare organisations have inquired about AMR to the UK’s Secretary of State for International Trade.
- UK egg industry urges supermarkets to stop importing eggson June 8, 2021 at 7:10 am
More than 25,000 people have signed a petition set up by British Lion Egg processors calling on UK supermarkets to stop importing eggs.
- Poultry meat holds steady in Canada in 2020on June 7, 2021 at 9:30 am
Disruptions resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic led to the first drop in Canadian poultry meat production in a decade.
- Poland overcomes AI epidemicon June 4, 2021 at 7:15 am
Poland had to cull 11 million birds as a result of this year's avian influenza (AI) epidemic, but it seems the worst time is over.
- Noble Foods launches bird flu insurance schemeon June 4, 2021 at 7:10 am
Noble Foods has launched a new poultry insurance scheme amid concerns that egg producers are inadequately protected against bird flu and salmonella.
- Poultry agri-tech firms win funding to boost sustainabilityon June 4, 2021 at 7:00 am
Devenish (UK) received nearly £400,000 to develop algae-derived products for use in poultry production globally. Arden Biotech also received funding.
- Chick liver function studied for bird and human healthon June 3, 2021 at 8:00 am
Researchers aim to improve poultry production by studying embryonic and newborn chicks. The long-term goal is to improve both animal and human health