The latest industry news, provided by Poultry World can be found here.
- Brazilian companies slightly improve animal welfareon April 13, 2021 at 9:15 am
2 Brazilian animal protein companies have improved animal welfare policies in 2020, according to the Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW).
- On demand webinar Poultry Production issueson April 12, 2021 at 10:50 am
Tune in to our on demand webinar to get up to speed on the latest insights on challenges and perspectives in modern poultry production.
- Ukraine partially resumes poultry exports to EUon April 12, 2021 at 9:00 am
Starting 20 March, Ukraine resumed poultry exports to the EU from provinces unaffected by the HPAI outbreak in December of 2020.
- Lupins as a soya substitute for broiler nutritionon April 9, 2021 at 7:05 am
Novel protein sources for broilers need support from the whole supply chain to ensure the economics stack up and there is a consistent supply.
- The future of bird welfareon April 9, 2021 at 7:00 am
According to a leading animal welfare behaviour specialist, greater use of on-farm hatcheries will reduce the stress of young chicks.
- Colombia: What matters to millennials when buying chickenon April 8, 2021 at 8:45 am
Most Colombian millennials choose poultry meat that is natural, fresh, and produced with animal welfare in mind, according to a consumer survey.
- Poultry World edition 2 of 2021 is now onlineon April 7, 2021 at 3:30 pm
In this edition of Poultry World, we speak to various experts in the poultry field at EuroTier to get their thoughts on where the industry is headed in 2021. We also travel to Russia to see how the sector is encouraging investment despite a very challenging 2020, and we unpack top tips around vermin control.
- Nepal becomes self-sufficient in egg and meat productionon April 7, 2021 at 8:20 am
Nepal produces 1.61bn eggs and 548,000t of meat annually, says the Ministry of Agriculture. Nepal is now fully self-sufficient in poultry products.
- Russia plans to raise import tax hatching eggson April 7, 2021 at 8:15 am
The Russian government rolled out plans to subject hatching eggs to a 5% import tax starting 1 January 2022. A further raise of 15% is set for 2023.
- Brazil’s egg exports rise by 150%on April 6, 2021 at 10:45 am
Brazilian producers exported 150.6% more eggs during the first 2 months of 2021.