The latest industry news, provided by Poultry World can be found here.
- Disease control challenges of non-notifiable LPAIon September 24, 2021 at 7:00 am
Excellent communication and teamwork between the government, industry and private vets minimise the potentially devastating effect of last year’s avian influenza (AI) in Northern Ireland.
- US consults on labelling of cell-based poultryon September 23, 2021 at 6:00 am
Views on the labelling of meat and poultry products using cultured cells derived from animals are being sought by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), which has launched a 60-day consultation.
- ‘Largest and longest’ global cage-free campaign a successon September 22, 2021 at 7:30 am
Yum! Brands – the world’s largest fast-food company – has pledged to eliminate battery cages and instead source 100% cage-free eggs for its global supply chains in approximately 150 countries and regions worldwide.
- Gumboro control in the fieldon September 22, 2021 at 7:00 am
Gumboro disease virus (IBDV) can persist in the poultry house within the litter for a long time and that´s why it is considered a resident disease. With this in mind, vaccination should aim at protecting and preventing the disease from getting out of control.
- Slow recovery for Thailand’s poultry marketon September 21, 2021 at 7:00 am
Chicken meat production in Thailand is expected to increase by about 1% in 2021 and 3% in 2022, while domestic consumption slowly begins to increase alongside a gradual economic recovery.
- UK free from bird flu but producers urged to stay vigilanton September 20, 2021 at 8:00 am
Producers were urged to sign up to a free avian influenza workshop as the UK is finally declared free from the disease.
- Creatine: For a healthy early starton September 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
What if we could enrich the embryo with a rapidly available energy source to better secure hatching and the first days in the life? This is possible by feeding the broiler breeder hen with a source of creatine.
- Reduction on chicken shelf-life in Saudi Arabia deniedon September 17, 2021 at 6:00 am
Authorities in Saudi Arabia have made the decision to suspend the rule determining the shelf-life as only 3 months for frozen chicken meat from day of slaughter, a decision which would hamper Brazilian exports.
- Coalition calls for poultry food safety to be updatedon September 16, 2021 at 7:30 am
Poultry companies have joined forces with consumer groups, academics and food safety leaders to call for a meeting with US Agriculture Secretary, Tom Vilsack. They want to make a case for a modernised, science-based regulatory approach to ensure the food safety of poultry products.
- CleanBay Renewables to sell bp RNG from poultry litteron September 16, 2021 at 7:00 am
BP and CleanBay Renewables have entered into a 15-year agreement where bp will purchase renewable natural gas (RNG) processed from poultry litter—a mixture of manure, feathers and bedding—and sell it as fuel for the US transportation sector.