The latest industry news, provided by Poultry World can be found here.
- Coming soon: From feed to food webinaron January 28, 2021 at 2:30 pm
How are the different players in the feed and food sector connected when it comes to feed safety? And what issues actually matter to them? Those questions will be key in the 2nd edition of the GMP+ International webinar series in cooperation with All About Feed.
- Asian poultry farmers battling against bird fluon January 28, 2021 at 8:00 am
Asian poultry farmers continue to suffer from the hardest hitting bird flu outbreak in years. Reuters reports that there is no end in sight yet.
- Video 9: What is resistance and how does it develop?on January 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Resistance is due to genetic mutations in the coccidia allowing them to escape the anticoccidial activity of some of the drugs. Thus, there are 2 factors contributing to resistance: the genetic changes and the selection pressure by the anticoccidial.
- UK Government plans major changes to poultry transport ruleson January 27, 2021 at 8:15 am
Major changes being proposed around livestock transport could have enormous practical implications for the UK poultry meat and egg sector.
- Brazil expects to produce 14,5M tonnes of chicken in 2021on January 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
Brazil projects a production of 14,5 million tonnes of chicken meat in 2021, 5.5% more than its previous record, reached last year.
- HenTrack project uses new tracking to boost poultry geneticson January 26, 2021 at 8:00 am
Moves to improve the breeding of laying hens by using innovative tracking and data analysis strategies have won backing from a major genetics company.
- Avangard to close several production facilities in Ukraineon January 25, 2021 at 11:05 am
In 2020, Ukraine’s biggest egg producer Avangard shut down 8 production facilities, cutting 3500 jobs.
- Heat Stress special: Reserve your space now!on January 22, 2021 at 8:05 am
Misset International brands All About Feed, Poultry World, Pig Progress and Dairy global are publishing a special magazine on Heat Stress in April 2021. Focusing on solutions to minimise the impact of heat stress on farm animals. Don’t miss out and reserve your advertising space now.
- Corona lockdown UK schools poses problems for UK egg sectoron January 22, 2021 at 8:00 am
Moves by the UK Government to suddenly shut schools due to the rapid spread of the new Covid-19 variant are causing problems to egg producers.
- Industry big guns in Poultry World webinar on Sustainabilityon January 21, 2021 at 11:05 am
Poultry World is proud to host its webinar on Sustainability in poultry production on Tuesday 26 January.